We would like to say happy Easter to all who visit Rainbow Beach for their Easter Holidays. We hope you enjoy our little piece of paradise.
There are so many activities around town over holidays to partake in. Obviously we would love to take you and your family surfing! Our lessons are perfect for beginner surfers and we have a variety of lesson styles to suit your needs. If the participants are over 9yrs old we can offer you the daily Surf School at 9.30am. Or if you'd prefer private surfing lessons are great for kids and families as you have the coach to yourselves.
Our surf school lessons run on the main beach at Rainbow Beach. Just head down, look to the right of the flags and the patrolled area. Look out for our big white surf trailer 'surfzilla' and our green 4WD vehicle. Often we are parked just to the right of the flags, but on occasion we park further up the beach closer to the stairs which lead up to the Surf Life Saving Club, the Lookout and the town centre.
'Look out for 'Surfzilla' our surf trailer! Find us on the beach, Main Beach, Rainbow Beach, near Fraser Island'
If you would like to jump into one of our daily Surf School lessons or book a private lesson you can do so by calling us on 0435 934 087, sending an email to email@example.com or heading to our website and using the online booking facility www.rainbowbeachlearntosurf.com
How about some other activities? Here's our suggestions:
1. Do the 'Great Beach Drive'! This is an incredible experience. You can drive yourself in your own 4WD vehicle or you can book a tour with a local company here at Rainbow Beach. If you do choose to drive yourself you need to check conditions, obtain a vehicle access permit and understand how to drive on a beach safely. You can head into some of our tourist info centres for all these things. Try 7th Wave Tourist Info Centre in the Main Street of Rainbow Beach, or the Beach Shakk near the Shell Service Station, or the Department of National Parks a little further towards the entry to town.
To book a tour you need to check out Surf and Sand Safaris' website or see the local tourist info and booking centres too. Click here to see more: https://www.surfandsandsafaris.com/tours/
2. Walk to the Carlo Sand Blow and be prepared to see the area from a new perspective. Cost: Free!!! Simply drive up the biggest hill in town from Double Island Drive, to Cooloola Drive, all the way to the top and park. Then take the hike (walk up the hill) to the Carlo Sand Blow. It is a relatively easy walk but you do need to be capable of walking 500metres or so. I love the taste of rainforest on the walk! Once you arrive at the blow, go and explore. The views are incredible! If you wake up early and walk out for the sunrise you could see this! And it is the number one rated activity in the Rainbow Beach area on Trip Advisor! https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g494985-d1605153-Reviews-Carlo_Sand_Blow-Rainbow_Beach_Gympie_Region_Fraser_Coast_Queensland.html
3. Coffee!!!! Well it's almost an activity! Luckily in Rainbow Beach all the coffee shops and cafes serve good coffee. We love them all. Here's a list: Soul Foods at the Shell Service Station - good coffee and quick healthy food. Café Jilarty's at Rainbow Beach - good coffee and food and great art gallery. Coffee Rocks at Rainbow Beach - good coffee, good food, good bar! And a good double entendre name (the rocks on the beach are also called coffee rocks due to their crumbly nature, kind of like coffee grinds). Also Arco's have great coffee and atmosphere and pizza. They are located in the courtyard behind the Rainbow Beach Hotel. A special mention has to be made for Rainbow Fruit and Takeaway in the lane-way near the pub. No coffee, but great smoothies, wraps, sandwiches, healthy food, burgers, and more, even kombucha and coconut water.
4. Helicopter Joy Rides!!! Yes!! Join our local helicopter ride crew to view Rainbow, Double Island, Inskip, Fraser, Tin Can Bay and the Sandy Straits from above. This is a must do activity when you come to town. Check them out: https://rainbowbeachhelicopters.com.au/
5. Horse Rides on the beach. This is ultimate activity status! The horses are great, the staff are great, the beach is fabulous. You definitely should have a go. See their website too: https://www.rbhr.com.au/
6. Sunset. Put yourself in a good position to enjoy some sunsets while you're here. I recommend the Carlo Blow for ultimate sunset position, but there's also Carlo Point boat ramp and restaurant and caravan park. It's a lovely spot. Head down Carlo Road until you arrive. Also a walk along the beach or even the lookout in town will get you some good sunset rays. Another pretty special spot is Double Island Point, on the Rainbow Beach side. You will get a gorgeous sunset. Make it even more special by surfing a wave into the sunset, this is a pretty special thing.
7. Go fishing! Either from the beach at Rainbow, Inskip or Teewah Beach, or Carlo Point. Or go hard and go on a fishing charter. We've got some fantastic local fishing trips. Just do a quick search to find their pages. Look out for Keely Rose Fishing Charters, Rainbow Beach Fishing Charters and others. They're all good.
8. Go Deep! Head out to Wolf Rock with the crew from Wolf Rock Dive Centre to partake in a deep dive into an incredible habitat located just off Double Island Point. If you're a qualified scuba diver you should definitely do this. Check them out here: http://wolfrockdive.com.au/
9. Dinner! There are so many places to have dinner here in Rainbow Beach and also at Tin Can Bay. I'm sure you will love them all.
10. Dolphin Feeding at Tin Can Bay happens daily from around 7am.
11. Shopping! Check out 13th Beach Surf Shop in the main street for great surf brands. You'll also find clothing and more at 7th Wave Tourist Info and The Beach Shakk at the Shell Service Station, and even the local pharmacy has lovely clothes and accessories. And don't forget about Inspire shop near Arco's behind the pub.
I know there's more, but that's all I have time to tell you about right now. Check out our local paper for info and ideas. See their website at http://rainbowbeachcommunitynews.com.au/
Hope you enjoy this little article.
Big love from us at Rainbow Beach Learn to Surf
Safe Travels, Big Barrels Crew!
#surfingclasses #rainbowbeachsurflessons #surfingqueensland #ASISurfSchools #agneswatersurfing #rainbowbeach4581 #learntosurfrainbowbeach #rainbowbeach #doubleislandpoint #fraserisland #AussieCareBear #epicsurfing #dingoesrainbowbeach #pippiesrainbowbeach